314 West Columbus St
PO Box 205
Dadeville, AL 36853
Alabama Nursing Home Association
The Coosa County,
Dadeville Area and
The Greater Valley Area
Chambers of Commerce
We touch the lives of the people you love
For twenty years, it has been our goal, as a company engaged in providing long term care for the elderly and infirmed, to provide the best care possible for our residents. Our mission is to work together with the you, your family and your physician to design a plan of care which is intended to meet realistic expectations and promote the your highest practicable well-being. We strive to provide the comfort and security of home as we care for the whole person. For each of our four health care centers, our residents' well being is the focus of the entire nursing home and all its departments.
All our facilities are located in east-central Alabama within a 30 minute drive of each other, and close to major cities and towns, major US and Interstate highways, and the Lake Martin area.
Our Healthcare Centers:
- Dadeville Healthcare Center, located in Dadeville, Tallapoosa County, Al, is off US Hwy 280 East, 15 miles southeast of Alexander City, 25 miles west of Auburn and 6 miles from Lake Martin/Stillwaters. Dadeville Healthcare Center is a state licensed 141 bed skilled nursing facility, providing both long term and short term nursing and rehabilitation services.
- Goodwater Healthcare Center, located in Goodwater, Coosa County, Al, is 6 miles off US Hwy 280 West, 13 miles northwest of Alexander City and 60 miles southeast of Birmingham. The only nursing home in Coosa County, Goodwater Healthcare Center is a state licensed, 72 bed skilled nursing facility providing both long term and short term nursing and rehabilitation services since 1966.
- LaFayette Extended Care, located in LaFayette, Chambers County, AL, is off Al Hwy 50, 30 miles from the Opelika/Auburn area, 15 miles from Lanette and 23 miles from Dadeville. Lafayette Extended HealthCare is a state licensed 69 bed skilled nursing facility with 19 private rooms, providing both long term and short term nursing and rehabilitation services in Chambers county for the past 40 years.
Our nursing homes are licensed by the State of Alabama Department of Public Health and certified by the US Center for MS for both the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Each Prime home is certified to accept Medicare, Medicaid, private pay and long term care insurance as payment for services. Eligibility for Medicare or Medicaid payment for nursing home service is determined on an individual basis.
At present, none of our nursing homes have assisted living facilities attached. However, all of the homes admit former assisted living residents when those residents' needs cannot continue to be met at an assisted living facility. Assisted living facilities are designed for the independent resident who only needs some assistance with housekeeping and personal needs.
Our healthcare facilities offer skilled nursing services to provide:
- Rehabilitation: Each nursing home offers all three of the major rehabilitation services: Physical Therapy, Speech Therapy and Occupational Therapy, performed according to doctor's orders. Short term nursing home stays for rehabilitation purposes are becoming quite common. Hip replacement, knee replacement and stroke recovery are three types of admissions that benefit from rehabilitation in the comprehensive environment of a nursing home.
- Long Term Care: Our nursing home services are designed for the chronically ill and infirmed in need of twenty four hour a day nursing care.
We encourage you to take a personal tour of our facilities to meet employees and also residents who live in our homes. Prospective residents and their families can call Ryan Murray, our Patient Referral Coordinator, to arrange for a personal tour of any Prime facility. Ryan's phone number is 256-496-2134.